5 Stupid Tips To Stop Complaining That You Will Probably Never Use
Complaining is natural.
We all do it.
YOU do it. You have probably done it today in fact.
Be honest? What got you today? The traffic? The weather? The stupid news. Your dumb co-worker? Boss? Kids? Spouse? The color yellow?
Whatever set you off today, I am sure you had some words about it and were more than happy to spread your frustration to anyone who would listen to your rant, right?
Well cut that shit out! Do this instead
5 Things to Do Instead of Complain
1. Practice Gratitude. Research shows that when we count three blessings a day, we get a measurable boost in happiness that uplifts and energizes us. It’s also physiologically impossible to be stressed and thankful at the same time. Two thoughts cannot occupy our mind at the same time. If you are focusing on gratitude, you can’t be negative. You can also energize and engage your coworkers by letting them know you are grateful for them and their work.
Energize your coworkers? Good luck with that. Although that is solid advice, you are much better off spending your hard earned chi on yourself. You can’t unlamify your co-workers. So don’t bother. Be the best you that you can and maybe some of your awesomeness will get on them…. probably.
2. Praise Others. Instead of complaining about what others are doing wrong, start focusing on what they are doing right. Praise them and watch as they create more success as a result. Of course, point out their mistakes so they can learn and grow, but make sure you give three times as much praise as criticism.
Bleh! See above.
Yes, stop complaining about them. They suck. We get it. You hate everybody. Smile and curse them out under your breath like the rest of us do.
3. Focus on Success. Start a success journal. Each night before you go to bed, write down the one great thing about your day. The one great conversation, accomplishment, or win that you are most proud of. Focus on your success, and you’ll look forward to creating more success tomorrow.
I would add to this one is, read it again as soon as you wake up. This is brilliant!
4. Let Go. Focus on the things that you have the power to change, and let go of the things that are beyond your control. You’ll be amazed that when you stop trying to control everything, it all somehow works out. Surrender is the answer.
Easier said than done I know. I watched a short video the other day where even Tony Robbins says he gets mad, has frustrations, disappointments… just like everyone else. They key is not letting it fester and grow forever like most. You will not be perfect. Nobody is happy 100% of the time. And that is a good thing. Think:Stepford Wives!
That video is below by the way
Tony Robbins Tips On Changing The Way You Feel – YouTube
5. Pray. Scientific research shows that daily prayer reduces stress; boosts positive energy; and promotes health, vitality, and longevity. When you are faced with the urge to complain or you are feeling stressed to the max, stop, be still, plug-in to the ultimate power, and recharge. …. source jongordon.com