In this astonishingly frank autobiography, the Dalai Lama reveals the remarkable inner strength that allowed him to master both the mysteries of Tibetan Buddhism and the brutal realities of Chinese Communism.The Dalai Lama’s autobiography should leave no one in doubt of his humility and genuine compassion. Written without the slightest hint of pretense, the exiled leader of Tibet recounts his life, from the time he was whisked away from his home in 1939 at the age of 4, to his treacherous escape from Tibet in 1959, to his winning of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989. The backdrop of the story is the 1950 Chinese invasion of Tibet. He calmly relates details of imprisonment, torture, rape, famine, ecological disaster, and genocide that under four decades of Chinese rule have left 1.25 million Tibetans dead and the Tibetan natural and religious landscapes decimated. Yet the Dalai Lama’s story is strangely one of hope. This man who prays for four hours a day harbors no ill will toward the Chinese and sees the potential for good everywhere he casts his gaze. Someday, he hopes, all of Tibet will be a zone of peace and the world’s largest nature preserve. Such optimism is not naive but rather a result of his daily studies in Buddhist philosophy and his doctrine of Universal Responsibility. Inspiring in every way, Freedom in Exile is both a historical document and a fable of deepest trust in humanity. –Brian Bruya
You are here: Home > Freedom in Exile: The Autobiography of The Dalai Lama
Freedom in Exile: The Autobiography of The Dalai Lama
About Daniel Heaton
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
P. James Holland
- Women Lie More Than Men (Video Proof – Caught In The Act) May 22, 2013
- Bloggers VS. Writers: Which one is sexier? March 12, 2013
- What A Four Year Old Taught Me About Love And Robert Redford – Video February 18, 2013
- Winterstorm Nemo Before And After Videos From My Home In New York February 9, 2013
- How One Fat Man Started A 5 Chick Cat-Fight – Video February 7, 2013
- 23 Pictures That Say – Stop Complaining and Start Creating September 29, 2012
- 11 Simple Ways To Eliminate Stress In Under 7 Minutes September 15, 2012
- Farnoosh Brock on Finding Your Passion – Exclusive Interview November 17, 2012
- Anthony Robbins Personal Power II 30 Day Challenge – Day 1 October 25, 2012
- I Got Naked On Camera – And I Liked it! January 19, 2013
- Kesha Brown: LOL I have a bird that wakes me up every morning t...
- Ciara Conlon: It's amazing how many bosses don't put enough th...
- Jane Robinson: Women continue to face discrimination and harassme...
- Jane Robinson: Coach - you really painted a picture with this pos...
- Lori: Great post - you are so right - we all think... ...
beauty beauty comeback belief confidence décor emotional comeback feature Finding freedom guest post happiness Health home Humor Comeback inner strength Joke joke of the day law of attraction lettering life life comeback love mental comeback mental health comeback mood boosters motivation motivational october 24th personal power comeback pictures podcast positive thinking quote quote about optimism quote of the day quotes sayings spiritual comeback success the secret Tony Robbins video vinyl wall yourself
Follow @coachcomeback on Twitter