What Is The Best Way To Develop Your Own Inner Strength?
Strength, he says, has more to do with what you cannot see than what you can.
When it comes to Lokuta, what you can see are a powerful chest, broad back, and bulging biceps. But what you can’t — what’s deep in his gut — is what has made him a current record holder and has him ranked 5th in the nation in the 40-and-over category.
4 Easy Ways to Rise Up From Discouragement and Feel Better About Yourself
Life isn’t always what you expect it to be, is it? When the results you hope for don’t manifest themselves, this can sometimes leave you questioning your self-worth and abilities. It’s easy to fall into that trap of discouragement.
The good news is that you can also get yourself right out of that melancholy mood!
Whenever you’re down in the dumps, it’s important that you take action to start feeling better about yourself. Dwelling on the negative and remaining in a depressed state is unhealthy. After a while, you’ll feel like you’re moving backward instead of forward. This makes it challenging to get back to a positive mindset.
Try these easy tips to restore your belief in you:
1. Reflect on past successes. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll begin to realize that you’ve enjoyed many successes in the past.
- Reflect on how great you felt when you earned something you worked extremely hard for.
- Think about the impact you’ve had on your peers when you accomplished something that they all would’ve loved to accomplish themselves.
2. Know that you’re uniquely created. You have a special blend of talents, abilities, personality, appearance, and purpose that is different from everyone else on the planet. There is no one else like you and that’s a wonderful thing!
- Remember times in the past when you came up with your own solution to a challenge that made things better for you or those around you.
- Since you’re the only person like you around, why not focus on your unique abilities and put those to work to evoke positive change in your life? Setting your new ideas in motion will go a long way toward restoring your self-confidence.
3. Do something you’re good at. A sure way to boost how you feel about yourself is to do something you already know you’re good at. Having even a small success is a great way to build reassurance and focus on the positive.
- It’s okay to need that self-reassurance from time to time. It’s a challenging time in a tough world, and it’s easy for outside influences to dampen your drive. Remind yourself that you’re a star in a part of the sky where nobody else shines quite as bright.
- Proving to yourself that you can do something often gives you just enough motivation to get past that rough patch.
4. Make someone else feel special. Making a positive impact on someone else’s life is one of the most empowering and uplifting experiences you can have!
- Try volunteering at a local agency that helps those less fortunate than you. So many lives need a caring touch. Taking the opportunity to help them will enable you to feel that much more worthy.
- Encouraging another person who lacks self-esteem can bring the kind of inner satisfaction which allows you to see your own true purpose. In fact, you may sometimes forget about your own hardships for a while because you’re so focused on helping someone else overcome theirs.
Make Them A Coupon Book Of The Things Nobody Wants to HearWe all have things we want to express that do not help us. Worse, while expressing them, we usually don’t want help from anybody else, either. We want to scream with rage without having anybody commiserate. We want to talk about how our parents’ divorce at 80 is all our fault and not have anybody dispute this with facts, figures or clearer memories. Further, we want to do all this without feeling guilty for boring and exhausting our listener (or for wasting our own time and energy because even we know that all the ranting and complaining does nothing to change the situation). So should your best friend have to declare bankruptcy on her birthday, make her a homemade coupon book that entitles her to redeem one shame-free whine fest, rage attack, long baroque episode of self-loathing as well as two or three “it’s not fair” wail-a-thons to you via the phone or in person. P.S.: Be sure to specify a timeframe on each coupon. P.P.S.: The timeframe is 20 minutes (max).www.huffingtonpost.com
Try not to dwell on the negative feelings you might have about yourself. Instead, celebrate all the great qualities you have inside and share those with the world. Take the time to reflect on your blessings and you’ll begin to see for yourself how awesome and special you really are.